Making use of online courses is a great way to develop your skills, without the strain on your schedule. Here are a few tips to get the best out of online training.
- Our online courses usually start with a short video, to explain concepts and new ideas. Watch those videos as many times as you want, taking notes along the way.
- Followup with the Immediate Action Plan – every session introduces some action steps you can take immediately. Sometimes these are in the form of a question you need to reflect on or an action you need to take to put your learning into practice.
- Write in your journal. For every session, you’ll find a place to put down your thoughts. They will automatically be saved for you so you can review and reflect on them later.
- Ask questions. Just like live training, you can ask questions and get answers from fellow course members or from the course instructor/designers. Don’t be shy, let us know what you need help with.
- Answer other people’s questions, if you can. Let your experiences and personal success help others by responding to questions or thoughts from others.
- Schedule your sessions. Although you’re free to learn anywhere, anytime, it helps to have a plan. Session are usually designed to be under 7 minutes so decide on a good time daily to have your session. Ideally it would be in the morning, so you can reflect on the session throughout the rest of your day. Although some people prefer evenings or a quite spot in the afternoon. The important thing is to have a plan and stick to it.